September is one of the best months to visit New York City. If you are travelling to New York in September, you’ll likely encounter some pleasantly warm temperatures. Here’s what you need to know:
September Weather Average Temperatures
- Average High: 76°F (24°C)
- Average Low: 61°F (16°C)
September is a sunny month, but if you have rainy days in your forecast, fear not! You can find some great indoor options in our post Best Things to do in NYC on a Rainy Day.
What to Pack in September in NYC
- Loose fitting clothes
- Comfortable shoes / sandals (for the first weeks of the month)
- A light sweater (stores, museums are so over-airconditioned)
- Skirts / shorts
- Long sleeve shirts, a light jacket (if you are travelling in the second half of the month)
- A small, packable umbrella and a waterproof jacket.
Explore our Guide to Visiting New York City in the Fall for more details.
Things to do in September in NYC
Here our list of posts with funny things you can do in September in NYC:
- September Events in NYC
- New York Fashion Week
- Labor day: Sales & Shopping
- Summer Concerts
- Rooftop Bars: Take in an incredible view of NYC skyline!