If you’re thinking of visiting NYC in the fall, October is one of the best months. The weather is perfect for walking around the city and outdoor activities.
NYC October Weather Average Temperatures
- Average High: 65°F (18°C)
- Average Low: 50°F (10°C)
A typical October day is crisp and a bit chilly. It can rain, but don’t worry you can find some great indoor options in our post Best Things to do in NYC on a Rainy Day.
What to Pack in October in NYC
- Comfortable footwear (Closed-toe and water-resistant shoes)
- Medium weight jackets (it will get colder in the evenings)
- Light fleeces
- Long-sleeve pullovers
- Long pants, leggins, jeans.
- A light scarf
- A small, packable umbrella and a waterproof jacket.
You will need to pack a number of options and layering will be the key. Explore our Guide to Visiting New York City in the Fall for more tips.
Things to do in October in NYC
Here is our list of posts with funny things you can do in October in NYC: