New York has so much to offer for every budget. With 5 boroughs, luxury and budget hotels, gourmet dining, tours, art, and activities (some free), let’s plan the ultimate NY honeymoon!
New York is conveniently accessible by bus or subway:
- Grand Central Terminal (trains)
- Port Authority (buses)
- New York MTA (busses and subway trains)
Where to Stay
New York has 5-star, mid-range, and budget-friendly hotels. Ask about wedding packages for tourists:
- The William Vale Hotel 5-Star: It includes a restaurant, free wifi, a pool, room service, rooftop bar, and corner suites with wraparound balconies (111 N. 12th Street, Brooklyn)
- Hampton Inn Budget-Friendly: It includes a fireside bar, gourmet pretzels, and top-floor terrace rooms with Manhattan views (125 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn)
- Opera House Hotel Best Value. It has concierge, breakfast, and proximity to Yankee Stadium (436 E. 149th Street, Bronx)
- The Plaza Hotel 5-Star: It offers concierge, a spa, and proximity to Central Park and horse-drawn carriages (768 5th Avenue, NYC)
- The Mandarin Oriental 5-Star: It has a VIP package, steam room, pool, river views, and restaurants Masa and Per Se (80 Columbus Circle, NYC)
- Home2 Suites by Hilton 4.5-5-Star: Budget-friendly, it includes wifi, in-suite kitchenettes, and breakfast (39-06 30th Street, LIC)
- Z NYC Budget-Friendly: It includes East River views, a restaurant, and rooftop bar (11-01 43rd Avenue, LIC)
- Hilton Garden Inn Best Value: Budget-friendly, it has free wifi, a restaurant, pool, cocktail hour, and breakfast buffet (1100 South Avenue, SI)
Rates too high? Consider a luxury hotel midweek, then transfer to a budget-friendly hotel.
Where to Eat: Romantic Restaurants
Eateries range from 5-star restaurants and bistros to hot slices of NYC pizza. For 5-star samplers, view Restaurant Row Week deals where nearly 400 restaurants have fixed prices to sample great dishes. Explore amazing cuisine outside of New York City, too.
- DeStefano’s Steak House (89 Conselyea Street, Brooklyn)
- The River Café (1 Water Street, Brooklyn)
- Antonio’s Trattoria ( 2370 Belmont Avenue, Bronx)
- Gramercy Tavern (42 East 20th Street, NYC)
- Per Se (10 Columbus Circle, NYC)
- Trattoria L’Incontro (2176 31st Street, Astoria, Queens)
- Blue (1115 Richmond Terrace, SI)
- Beso (11 Schuyler Street, SI)
Where to Visit in New York
New York has lots of low-cost and free attractions to enjoy during your romantic stay:
- Brooklyn Botanic Gardens : It has 10,000 species of plants and flowers on 52-acres.
- Brooklyn Bridge: It’s a suspension bridge you can walk across connecting Manhattan and Brooklyn. (Free)
- Brooklyn Museum: It has 1.5 million pieces of art.
- Bronx Zoo: It’s one of the biggest metropolitan zoos.
- New York Botanical Gardens : It has thousands of exotic plants and trees.
- Yankee Stadium: Home to the Yankees, it’s ideal for sports fans.
- American Museum of Natural History: View the exotic wildlife dioramas.
- Central Park: Activities include the zoo, boat rides, romantic carriage rides, and bikes. (Fees vary.)
- The Empire State Building: It’s 1,050-feet high with amazing views.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: View art from all over the world.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral: A historic landmark cathedral (Free).
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island: A National Monument and the first immigration station.
- Rockefeller Center: Visit the skating rink, Radio City Music Hall, and Rockettes.
- 5 Pointz Aerosol Art Center: It has spray-paint art exhibits.
- City Field: The stadium hosts entertaining activities and food options.
- Flushing Meadows Park: It’s a beautiful and famous park.
- Staten Island Ferry: Free transportation between Staten Island and Manhattan.
- The Staten Island Children’s Museum: It offers exhibitions and fun workshops.
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Gardens: It includes an array of music, art, science, and theater.
With so much to explore, planning your NYC honeymoon will be so exciting! For the best things to do in New York next month, use Gosur travel maps for convenient smartphone access and maps of New York!