June officially kicks off the summer season, offering so much to see and do in the Big Apple. From film festivals to foodie experiences, musicals to outdoor events, regardless of what you’re into, this thriving city has it all.
Whether you’re interested in attending a yoga village in Times Square or experience your first ever Mermaid Parade, NYC in June is exciting, interactive, and memorable.
Don’t Miss These June Events in NYC
The first day of June is packed full of exciting events and experiences, including:
- KidsFilmFest — Now in its 15th year, this annual film festival promotes children’s filmmakers, with a core focus on short animation, documentaries, and live-action films.
- Red Hook Fest — One of Brooklyn’s most beloved annual events, Red Hook Fest is in its 26th year, offering a cookout, dance party, and live performances. This event takes place at the scenic Valentino Park.
- The World Science Festival — A gathering of great minds in the world of art and science, this festival includes outdoor experiences, debates, discussions, interactive explorations, musical performances, and so much more.
- The Bushwick Collective Block Party — Featuring two main stages, food trucks, dozens of street artists, and beer, this is a lively and highly anticipated annual event. Located at Troutman Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, there will also be more than 40 legendary street and graffiti artists in attendance this year.
Dozens more events begin on the first of June, some that run for multiple days and others that run for the entire duration of the month. For example, Rose Garden Weekend at the New York Botanical Garden runs to the 2nd of June, while the Blue Note Jazz Festival offers 50 concerts, up until June 30.
The following week, you can enjoy:
- The NYC Multicultural Festival on June 8 at Jackie Robinson Park
- The Bacon and Beer Classic on June 8 at The Brooklyn Mirage
- New York Salsa Festival on June 8 at the Barclays Center
- CraftNewYork (featuring 160 juried artists) on June 8 and 9 at Damrosch Park
- New York Philharmonic Concerts in the Parks (an annual weeklong tour), which begins on June 11. At numerous parks across the city, this annual event offers live performances in Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.For foodies, beer drinkers, and wine lovers, there’s also:
- Brew at the Zoo — Featuring live music, a retro game room, and unlimited beer samples, this 21+ event takes place at the Bronx Zoo on June 14.
- Vindo Verde Wine Experience — From food pairings to live music, this wine-centric event is happening at SECOND Floor NYC on June 15. The same day, you can attend the New York Rum Festival.
There’s also the Prospect Park Soiree (better known as “picnic in the park”) on June 22, as well as the Cheesemonger Invitational on June 23.
The end of the month concludes with some very exciting events and activities, including the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest, as well as the annual Pride Week Sunday on June 30.
No matter where you’re situated in New York City, there is something happening nearly every day, across every major NYC neighborhood. If you’d like to hop from neighborhood to neighborhood, be sure to familiarize yourself with the local subway system.
Here are some additional suggestions and recommendations for the month of June as well. Plan ahead and pack it all in.